In response to the extraordinary inflationary pressures faced by grantees and the Foundation’s improved financial situation, we have proactively increased grants for many of our programs. These include an:
- Increase of 5% on all 2023 and 2024 Catalyst grants
- Invitation to some Catalyst grantees to apply for additional funds up to the amount sought, but not granted, in their initial application
- Opportunity for each Catalyst grantee to receive up to an additional $10K to support their revenue development strategies
- Increase to law school funding levels to partially restore previous cuts made during a period of revenue decline
- Increase in funding levels for the Public Interest Articling Fellowship to better align the articling student salary (and related costs) with market comparators
- Invitation for larger, multi-year applications to our Responsive program for up to $250K and a streamlined application process to make it more accessible
We continue to explore ways to increase funding to grantees while stewarding revenues wisely, ensuring we are positioned to provide stability and opportunities for the nonprofit justice sector’s future.