In early 2021, The Law Foundation of Ontario announced the Elders’ Council as the recipient of the 2020 Guthrie Award. Ordinarily, the Foundation hosts an event to recognize and celebrate the Guthrie Award recipient. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this was not possible. In lieu of an in-person event, the Foundation created a short video to honour the achievements and members of the Elders’ Council.
We would like to thank the following people for their patience and commitment to this video during a challenging year of ever-changing pandemic restrictions:
- Elders’ Council members
- Irene Peltier and Aliesha Arndt from the Indigenous Justice Division, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Janice Longboat, Elders’ Council co-founder and member and video participant
- Kimberly Murray, Deputy Attorney General (on leave), and video participant
- Linda Rothstein, Foundation’s Board of Trustees Chair, and video participant
- Filmmakers Sean Stiller and Paul Aflalo
Watch the video now, and please share it with your network.
2022 Guthrie Award nominations open until March 11
Do you know an access to justice champion worthy of recognition? Nominate them for the 2022 Guthrie Award by March 11. Learn more about the streamlined nomination process and contact us if you have questions.