The Law Foundation of Ontario was established in 1974 under the Law Society Act. The Foundation receives and uses the interest on lawyers’ and paralegals’ mixed trust accounts to support legal education, legal research, legal aid, and law libraries in Ontario. It does this through grantmaking to nonprofits and providing funds to Legal Aid Ontario. A priority for the Foundation is to pay particular attention to groups who have experienced injustice or inequity – past or current – and those who have experienced exclusion or barriers in society. The Foundation also administers the Class Proceedings Fund, which provides cost assistance in class actions. The Foundation is governed by a five-member Board of Trustees appointed by the Law Society of Ontario and by the Attorney General of Ontario.
The Foundation is an inclusive employer. We respect equity, inclusion, diversity, and anti-racism. We are dedicated to creating a workplace reflective of the community we serve and welcome applications from diverse and equity-deserving groups. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
The Foundation is currently seeking a detail-oriented and organized individual to join its team as an Operations & Administration Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of HR & Operations, you will be responsible for coordinating corporate and administrative support functions and services across the organization. This includes human resources administration (e.g. recruitment support, onboarding, reporting), procurement/purchasing, facilities and accommodations, document/material preparation, scheduling and logistics, records management, and general administrative support. You will also be responsible for liaising with external stakeholders, developing administrative policies and procedures, and assisting the leadership team with ongoing office administration, project initiatives and event planning.
- Completion of a degree or diploma in Business Administration or related field, or a combination of education, training, and relevant experience.
- 4 years’ related work experience in administration and office management in a professional work environment.
- Strong multitasking and project coordination skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail for accurate records and documentation.
- Proficient in HR administration and transactional processing.
- Advanced proficiency in working with databases, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and various online meeting platforms (MS Teams, Zoom, Webex, etc).
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and software applications for records maintenance, milestone tracking, preparing reports and development of professional presentations.
- Experience with research and document preparation to support requests.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To indicate your interest in this position, please APPLY NOW with your cover letter and resume to HR Associates (our recruitment partner) by August 11, 2023. If you have questions or if you require an accessibility accommodation, please contact Heather Lockie at 416-237-1500 x 237 or at email@example.com.
The Foundation is a hybrid workplace. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including RRSP matching. This is a full-time, permanent position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our commitment to increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion, we believe in sharing salary information. We are conducting a full review of our compensation bands and practices in 2023. When this process is complete, we intend to include salary information in our job postings and have greater salary transparency overall. We thank you in advance for your understanding.