The Foundation is looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to support and coordinate administrative activities associates with the Class Proceedings Committee (CPC) and the Class Proceedings Fund (CPF) as administered by the Law Foundation of Ontario.
Reporting to the Director and CPC Counsel, you will be responsible for planning and preparing materials for monthly CPC meetings including scheduling, minutes, agenda, etc. You will use your technical skills to assist with maintaining the class proceedings database and case management system. You will also prepare and update funding award and disbursement request documentations for review and approval by CPC Counsel and Associate Counsel. You will also coordinate with external counsel, including preparing correspondence and provide administrative support for Counsel and Associate Counsel.
- Proven and demonstrated related experience, providing senior support in a legal services or professional environment, preferably with knowledge of legal records and procedures.
- Completion of postsecondary certificate, diploma or degree (e.g. legal assistant, legal administrative, etc.)
- Knowledge of administrative practices, procedures and quality standards to perform duties such as maintaining legal database, filing systems, processing mail, maintaining bring forward system, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Sound organizational, time management and coordination skills to effectively support Director and CPC Counsel and Associate Counsel.
- Strong written communication skills including excellent editing and writing skills.
- Superior computer skills working with databases, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access) at an advanced level; working knowledge of legal file management systems.
To indicate your interest in this position, please apply using the Apply for Job button with your cover letter and resume to HR Associates (our recruitment partner) by December 5, 2022. If you have questions, you can also Mirjana Nevajdic at 416-237-1500 x.236 or email@example.com.