The Law Foundation of Ontario was established in 1974 under the Law Society Act. The Foundation receives and uses the interest on lawyers’ and paralegals’ mixed trust accounts to support legal education, legal research, legal aid, and law libraries in Ontario. It does this through grantmaking to nonprofits and providing funds to Legal Aid Ontario. A priority for the Foundation is to pay particular attention to groups who have experienced injustice or inequity – past or current – and those who have experienced exclusion or barriers in society. The Foundation also administers the Class Proceedings Fund, which provides cost assistance in class actions. The Foundation is governed by a five-member Board of Trustees appointed by the Law Society of Ontario and by the Attorney General of Ontario.
The Foundation is an inclusive employer. We respect equity, inclusion, diversity, and anti-racism. We are dedicated to creating a workplace reflective of the community we serve and welcome applications from diverse and equity-deserving groups. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
The Foundation is seeking an experienced executive office administrator with a background in supporting senior executives and managing Board functions. Reporting to the CEO, you will provide executive support, oversee the day-to-day operations of the CEO’s office, and coordinate administrative activities related to the governance of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. Key responsibilities will include overseeing workflows, approvals, and the status of commitments; supporting the CEO by managing their calendar, arranging travel, tracking expenses, and reviewing and preparing documents; managing and responding to complex issues; undertaking special projects and event planning; and supporting the functions of the Board, including governance practices, meeting material preparation, correspondence handling, records management, and expense account coordination.
- Completion of a postsecondary diploma or degree in Public Administration, Business Administration of a related field, or a combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- A certification in governance (e.g. GPC.D) is an asset.
- 5 years’ experience in progressively responsible similar function, including working as an Executive Assistant to a senior executive; experience in a law-related, nonprofit or foundation environment is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of board governance principles, research, and issues management.
- Proficiency in administrative principles, procedures, and records retention.
- Analytical and research skills for identifying emerging best practices.
- Project management abilities for undertaking projects on behalf of the CEO and Board.
- Strong written communication skills for creating and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in databases, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, and online meeting platforms.
To indicate your interest in this position, please APPLY NOW with your cover letter and resume to HR Associates (our recruitment partner) by August 11, 2023. If you have questions or if you require an accessibility accommodation, please contact Heather Lockie at 416-237-1500 x 237 or at email@example.com.
The Foundation is a hybrid workplace. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including RRSP matching. This is a full-time, permanent position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our commitment to increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion, we believe in sharing salary information. We are conducting a full review of our compensation bands and practices in 2023. When this process is complete, we intend to include salary information in our job postings and have greater salary transparency overall. We thank you in advance for your understanding.