The Law Foundation of Ontario is searching for a permanent, full-time (35 hours/week) Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator works as an essential team member in the administration of the Foundation’s programs and grant related activities. The position reports to the Director, Policy and Programs, provides support to senior management, and works closely with the Grants Officers.
- Liaise with external stakeholders including applicants, as well as justice sector and grantee organizations
- Prepare and organize grant-related materials for meetings, including electronic Board meeting book, and minutes
- Support the grants process; update, pull reports, and administer the grants database
- Prepare internal reports as needed and as requested
- Research general program related issues
- Maintain the organization’s website and other web-related tools
- Coordinate special events (stakeholder and award events, focus groups, professional development programs for staff, etc.)
- Coordinate special projects as needed (e.g. calls for consulting proposals, call for applications to annual grants programs)
- Contribute to production of the annual report
- Administer supplier contracts (e.g. website maintenance, graphic designers)
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and travel arrangements, maintain calendars
- Maintain grants, electronic and central files
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years’ work experience with significant administrative responsibilities
- Experience in a justice-related, law-related, nonprofit or foundation environment an asset
- Superior computer skills required including Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills including excellent editing and writing skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, operate independently and be disciplined in achieving work goals with minimal supervision
- Strong initiative and ability to anticipate needs
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience supporting a team working remotely, including advanced familiarity with online meeting platforms (primarily Zoom and Teams)
- Experience working with grants’ management software (GIFTS, SmartSimple) strongly preferred
- Ability to develop a broad knowledge of an organization’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures
- Proof of Full vaccination status as per the Government of Ontario is required in order to be eligible for employment at The Law Foundation of Ontario
The Foundation offers competitive compensation, including benefits, and a collegial working environment. This position is currently a remote position due to COVID-19. The Program Coordinator will be required to work onsite in Toronto post COVID-19.
The Foundation welcomes applications from diverse individuals who self-identify based on any of the protected grounds under the Human Rights Code. If you require accommodation in our hiring process, please contact us to discuss your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No inquiries, please.