The Law Foundation of Ontario was established in 1974 under the Law Society Act. The Foundation receives and uses the interest on lawyers’ and paralegals’ mixed trust accounts to support legal education, legal research, legal aid, and law libraries in Ontario. We do this through grantmaking to nonprofits and providing funds to Legal Aid Ontario. The Foundation also administers the Class Proceedings Fund, which provides cost assistance in class actions.
Are you committed to access to justice? Do you have experience in the nonprofit or philanthropic sector? Consider joining The Law Foundation of Ontario. As Grants Manager, you will provide vital advice and play a key role in leading granting and programmatic opportunities that support and enhance access to justice for diverse, equity-deserving groups across Ontario.
Under the guidance of the Director, Grants & Programs, and in collaboration with a dynamic, high performing team, you will lead and manage funding relationships with nonprofits and legal organizations and develop programs to meet community needs.
- Interest in and knowledge of the justice sector and issues affecting access to justice.
- Experience working or volunteering in the nonprofit and/or philanthropic sector.
- Experience developing grant applications and leading grant programs, or making grant and funding recommendations and monitoring and evaluating grants.
- Success in building and nurturing relationships with colleagues, community partners, and diverse multi-sector stakeholders.
- A related post-secondary degree (e.g. legal or justice studies, public policy, or administration) or equivalent experience.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills with the proven ability to lead projects to successful outcomes.
- Proficiency in desktop productivity tools such as Microsoft Office and database systems.
- Bilingual English and French proficiency is an asset.
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY NOW link to submit your cover letter addressing your interest in this opportunity and working for The Law Foundation of Ontario along with your resume to HR Associates (our recruitment partner) by December 4, 2023.
If you have questions or if you require an accessibility accommodation, please contact Mirjana Nevajdic at 416-237-1500 x 236 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foundation is a hybrid workplace. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including RRSP matching.
We thank all external applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. As part of our commitment to increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion, we believe in sharing salary information. We are conducting a full review of our compensation bands and practices in 2023. When this process is complete, we intend to include salary information in our job postings and have greater salary transparency overall. We thank you in advance for your understanding.